The Grape Count


In Vino Veritas- "In Wine there is Truth"
Grapes to try to date: 200

Grapes tried: 104
Grapes to go:
96

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#62- Baga

I have to admit something- it's been a few weeks since I tasted this wine and I didn't take great notes- so much so I can't even tell you what I ate with the wine. But I do remember one thing, I had no issue drinking it and I remember thinking that I liked the wine. Beyond that, not much.

The winery is Luis Pato in Portugal and the wine is their red label Baga wine. It has a distinct flavour to the wine, with chocolate undertones (and what girl doesn't like that?) It is also a great cellar wine as the wine is good for a decade or so.

Not much is written on the Baga grape but it is quite acidic and therefore quite tannic.

This is a terrible entry as I have nothing really more to say, I can't even describe how it went with the food or have pics to share. I'm guessing I'll give this wine another try so I can do a proper review. In the meantime, the blog stands as is and as far as I remember, I liked the wine! Have another one Erin....

No comments:

Post a Comment