The Grape Count


In Vino Veritas- "In Wine there is Truth"
Grapes to try to date: 200

Grapes tried: 104
Grapes to go:
96

Thursday, January 27, 2011

#55- Chasselas

Go Canada Go! I am a proud Canadian and when I get the chance to promote a good Canadian wine, I'll do it. And ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! The Swiss, (the originator of this grape) better watch out- Canada is giving you a good run for your grape.

The Chasselas grape is grown all over the world and nearly every country has its own name for it. The grape makes a great white wine on its own and is often used in a blend wine with Sauvignon Blanc. It can often be found as a restaurant's table wine. It is dry and fruity and sometimes on the sweet side. It is the first time I've ever been able to taste the grassy notes to the wine, and I really liked what it added to the wine. And it's very good.

Craig enjoyed his glass of wine chilled- and outside. We've had a lot of snow that last few weeks and Craig multi-tasked very well during his task of clearing snow off the roof. He took a little break to pose for the picture...

The wine we tried is the Chasselas from the St. Hubertus Estate Winery in the BC Okanagan Valley. The vintage year is 2008.

I had it with a won ton soup and again tonight with some sushi (which it does recommend on the bottle). And while the wine had slightly different tastes with each dinner, the wine was great, easy to drink both times and one to put on your list of wines to try. And no, I did not make the won ton soup or the sushi and they were both from different restaurants- I guess I'm just in that type of mood this week. Must be the affect having a new job does to you! Cheers, I have myself a new job!

If you like a Riesling, you'll like this wine. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a glass of vino with my name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment