The Grape Count


In Vino Veritas- "In Wine there is Truth"
Grapes to try to date: 200

Grapes tried: 104
Grapes to go:
96

Friday, December 31, 2010

Celebrate 2011! Happy New Year

Craig and I are heading to my sister's to ring in the new year and with us is wine #52! I have yet to write about the last two grapes but I'll catch up this weekend. I can't believe I've actually done it- drunk 52 wines in 52 weeks. Mind you it didn't go exactly as planned- I was away for at least 7 weeks this year so that required some catching up to do when I got back both times but it's been done. So successful that I  think I'll do it all over again next year! 52 more....hmmmm.....I've already got my list ready to go and the stores I have to visit.

I have another trip planned again this year and this time it's 8.5 weeks long so again, this year will require some doubling up of wines in a week to keep on track. What a hobby-- "researching" wine...he he he.

For New Year's, there will be wine and sparkling wine and lots of laughter. I for one can't wait to ring in the new year. At Christmas we had a fabulous sparkling wine that I would highly recommend for any occasion, including New Year's. The sparkling wine is called Scarlet O'Bubbles (yes, it's red!) from Australia. Warrego Wines is the winery that makes it. It is recommended to be drunk with bacon and eggs so if you don't get around to drinking it tonight, well- there's always tomorrow morning! Maybe it's the secret to ridding yourself of your hangover....

In any case, have fun tonight. I wish you all a happy and safe and prosperous new year! I do hope 2011 is all that you want it to be and more. Don't drink and drive and for goodness sake- tell someone you love this year and ring in the new year with a cheers!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment