The Grape Count


In Vino Veritas- "In Wine there is Truth"
Grapes to try to date: 200

Grapes tried: 104
Grapes to go:
96

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ChocoVine is chocolate wine goodness

I am way behind on my blogging (I'm actually on wine #52 this week but I have a good excuse- my camera broke so I'm having to do some scrambling to get pics done but they're coming!)

A couple of months ago my mom and I went to the Rocky Mountain Wine Festival and I saw that they were debuting this new wine- ChocoVine. I didn't try it but the week after I ran into Sherbrooke Liquor Store to get some wine and saw a display of the Dutch wine and picked up a bottle. I've been meaning to write about this wine for a while.

It is good! Who knew chocolate and red wine could mix so well? A product of Holland (not the Netherlands, it says clearly on the bottle Holland- so it's specific to the Netherland region...oh never mind), ChocoVine is considered a liquer and is very similar in creaminess to a Bailey's or other types of cream liquers. I really enjoyed it and will probably bring it out again for  New Year's.

The red wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon and uses find Dutch chocolate (I was just in the Netherlands and never once thought to have their chocolate- I picked up Belgium chocolate and French chocolate but not Dutch chocolate). If you're not a chocolate fan, you won't like it and why would you try it anyway but if you like chocolate, you should like this. It's like it's the grown up cousin of chocolates with little bits of alcohol in them.

And it's gluten free so my dad can actually drink this without worry. I'm sure it'll be a talking piece for sure and if that's what you're going for, make sure you show up at the next party with a bottle and bring out the shooter glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment